Monash University is ranked amongst the world's most prestigious universities.
Graduating with a degree from a university in the world's top one per cent adds significant value to your resume. Our global reputation ensures you are recognised for your skills and talent – no matter where in the world you choose to pursue your dreams.
We measure ourselves against international standards.
Monash is ranked:
- in the top one per cent of world universities – 83rd in the world – according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings (2014-2015)
- the 70th university in the world according to the 2014/2015 QS World University Rankings
- in the top 150 world universities, with an estimated rank of 134th according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2013.
Monash is ranked:
- the best university in Australia for Chemisty, Engineering*, and Computer Science* (*ranked equal first) (Academic Ranking of World Universities, 2013)
- 46th in the world for Clinical, Pre-Clinical and Health (Times Higher Education, 2014 – 2015)
- 44th in the world for Arts and Humanities (Times Higher Education, 2014 – 2015)
- 48th in the world for Engineering and Technology (Times Higher Education, 2014 – 2015).
The QS World University Rankings (2014) rates us:
- the best university in Australia for Pharmacy and Pharmacology
- the best university in Australia for Communications and Media Studies.
And the QS World University Rankings by Subject (2014) rates us:
- sixth in the world for Education
- eighth in the world for Pharmacy and Pharmacology
- 16th in the world for Law
- 17th in the world for Linguistics
- 19th in the world for Communication and Media Studies
- 20th in the world for Accounting and Finance
- 22nd in the world for Chemical Engineering
- 23rd in the world for Geography
- 24th in the world for Economics and Econometrics
- 27th in the world for English Language and Literature
- 30th in the world for Sociology
- 30th in the world for Civil Engineering
- in the top 50 for 18 subjects.
Monash is a member of the Group of Eight, an alliance of leading Australian universities recognised for their excellence in teaching and research. Group of Eight universities produce graduates who find full-time employment sooner, begin on higher salaries, and are more likely to move onto postgraduate studies than graduates from other Australian universities.
The Good Universities Guide provides independent ratings for Australian degrees and universities. In the 2014 guide, Monash achieved:
5 stars (maximum rating) for:
- Student-staff ratio
- Research intensivity
- Research grants
- Staff qualifications.
- Student retention.
4 stars for:
- Student demand
- Graduate satisfaction.
But it's not all about numbers. Read how our students make the most of their Monash experience.