6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
This unit develops skills and knowledge around the historic and current economic structures of cities. Students will undertake research into economic approaches to urban development, city infrastructure and service delivery, as well as critically reflect on the economic drivers of cities in Australia and overseas.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Discuss and understand the historical and contemporary economic drivers shaping cities;
- Analyse and evaluate urban and metropolitan economies;
- Apply basic knowledge of land economics and conduct feasibility analyses;
- Discuss approaches to financing for urban infrastructure in Australia and abroad;
- Understand and be able to apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the unit of study.
100% in-semester assessment
12 hours per week including 3 contact hours plus 9 hours of independent study, or equivalent.
See also Unit timetable information