6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
, or or or permission from Studio Coordinator.
This is a studio based unit, where students will be presented with projects involving screenprinting processes.The unit provides students with the means to apply their technical competence in printmaking to these new processes, and to critically evaluate their works in the context of contemporary visual art.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Apply a conceptual and technical foundation for successful study in a contemporary visual art practice;
- Design and produce artworks by applying printmaking techniques as a special means of creative and critical contemporary expression, with particular reference to screenprinting;
- Analyse print media and other creative strategies as a form of expression appropriate to the concept they are investigating;
- Analyse the context of printmaking in the field of national and global contemporary visual culture;
- Critically evaluate the theoretical and historical rationale and context of their work;
- Understand and apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the discipline practice.
100% in-semester assessment
12 hours per week including 4 contact hours plus 8 hours of independent study.
See also Unit timetable information