6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
, , , .
Have you ever wondered what marketing is all about? This unit is designed to introduce students to the essential elements of marketing. It encompasses marketing's role in a dynamic business environment and leads students to understand how organisations use the principles of marketing to meet the needs of their customers and achieve their objectives. This unit provides a foundation for those students seeking to pursue further study of specialist marketing units; however it covers the broad scope of marketing sufficient for those students undertaking only one marketing unit.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- describe key marketing concepts
- recognise the applications of these key marketing concepts in real-life situations
- discuss how these key marketing concepts can be used in analysing a range of marketing problems
- demonstrate how marketing helps organisations to satisfy their customers' needs and wants.
Within semester assessment: 50% + Examination: 50%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information