6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
Theory of organisation change and development, OD and metaphor, the client-consultant relationship, diagnosis, interventions, organisational learning, resistance to change, managing resistance to change, evaluation and institutionalisation of change, transformation and cultural change, future directions, revision.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- identify strategies and actions for planned organisational change
- critically evaluate different frameworks and philosophies for change management in organisations
- integrate and synthesise previous knowledge of organisational change processes
- analyse change processes that exist at an individual level, group level and across the organisation as a whole
- examine management practices which directly influence the success or otherwise of implementing a planned change process.
Within semester assessment: 60% + Examination: 40%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information