12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
Admission to Honours program
Studio at Honours level is research-oriented and non-prescriptive in terms of content. Students produce a proposal at the beginning of the semester but are free to carry out their work with any number of deviations from their original plans. The intentions of students and the results of their work are debated in group discussions and critical sessions.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Apply and critically evaluate appropriate and sustainable studio methodologies to support sustained independent practice;
- Extend and refine their technical and creative capabilities through the development of a major practice-based research project;
- Reflect on the appropriate application of intuitive process and critical reasoning which underlies their studio practice;
- Communicate their studio research using individuated language, conscious of relevant precedents and affinities, and define these through debate, critical discourse and collaborative learning contexts;
- Position their creative works, such as exhibitions, texts, performances and actions, within contemporary discourses.
24 hours per week including lecture, tutorial, and individual supervision.
See also Unit timetable information