6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2019
Enrolment in Graduate Certificate of Principal Preparation (Victoria)
In this unit, students map and evaluate their skill development in relation to the evidence which identifies core practices and requirements of school leadership. They document and analyse cases of their leadership practice and reflect on the potential areas for their continued leadership growth.
Upon successful completion of this unit students should be able to:
- identify their skill development in relation to the Australian Professional Standard for Principals Self-Assessment Tool
- appraise their current capability against the Australian Professional Standard for Principals and identify areas for future growth
- develop cases of their leadership practice which illustrate the values that influence their leadership practice
- analyse cases of leadership practice and identify areas for their potential leadership.
Leadership capability evaluation (2000 words or equivalent, 50%)
Cases of practice (2000 words or equivalent, 50%)
Minimum total expected workload equals 144 hours per semester comprising:
- Contact hours for on-campus students:
- Intensives: 3 days
- Additional requirements (all students):
- Online activities (synchronous and asynchronous) up to the remaining expected workload hours.
See also Unit timetable information