6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2019
, or DWG1301 or DWG1103
Social based strategies is a studio based drawing unit. Students will be presented with projects introducing themes of the city, architecture, mass media and politics as an investigative drawing practice.The unit provides students with the means to achieve a level of technical competence in these processes, and a consideration of their works in the context of historical, philosophical and contemporary practices.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Understand the conceptual and technical foundation for successful study in a contemporary practices;
- Identify the city, architecture, mass media and politics as a means of creative and critical contemporary expression;
- Produce creative strategies as a form of expression appropriate to the concept they are investigating;
- Understand the context of contemporary drawing and investigation in the framework of national and global contemporary culture;
- Describe the theoretical and historical rationale and context of their work;
- Understand and apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the discipline practice.
Folio (100%). The folio will be comprised of works produced during the duration of the unit, and may also include student's works made independently of the unit, and a journal which will document on-going progress and research over the semester.
12 hours per week including 4 studio hours and 8 hours of independent study.
See also Unit timetable information