0 points, SCA Band 1, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
Must be enrolled in Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology
Students completing the unit will have further developed their skills in therapeutic techniques and delivery of treatment in CBT and other integrative treatments for treatment of a variety of disorders, acquire the knowledge and skills to design focused treatment plans, appropriately implement treatment as required by a placement setting under supervision, report intervention outcomes appropriately, and have an understanding of the underlying theories of such interventions.
Students completing the unit should be conversant with the specific assumpions, concepts and techniques of the major schools of therapy and have some knowledge of relevant outcome literature. In addition, students should have a thorough understanding of the process common to all forms of intervention. By the end of the unit, students should have proficiency in the particular skills of behavioural and cognitive-behavioural therapies and their application to a range of clinical problems. Students will to be competent in selecting interventions for individuals and monitoring the progress of their application.
The main objectives of this course are as follows:
- To further develop skills in cognitive behaviour therapy
- To develop the knowledge and skills to apply CBT and other integrative treatments to a variety of disorders under supervision
- To develop knowledge and skills to design a CBT-focused treatment plan
- To provide an awareness of some other modes of therapy and related underlying theory
- To engage in and develop self-reflective practice
Satisfactory attendance and participation in each seminar are required to pass the unit.
- Formulation and Treatment Plan (30%)
- Presentation (Accompanying Handout) (50%)
- Resource Kit (20%)
- 5 hour seminar per week
See also Unit timetable information