6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (Evening)
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
This unit considers legal and regulatory perspectives on global environmental challenges, and the diverse vocational skill set required to promote more sustainable business models. Topics will be drawn from current environmental controversies with particular focus upon the role of corporations and business managers.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- identify and understand the nature of global environmental challenges facing business enterprises
- investigate and analyse a series of recent case studies exploring the effectiveness of relevant models of environmental regulation
- investigate and analyse the legal and social obligations of corporations and business managers with respect to the environmental impacts of business activities.
Within semester assessment: 60% + Examination: 40%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information