6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Enrolment for this unit is quota restricted.
Reviews key management, organisation theory & its application to healthcare settings. The role of the manager, leadership skills, staffing issues including performance management, managing change, structuring organisations for patient care, developing strategy, and designing business plans.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Explain the application of complex management theories to the management of health care teams and organisations.
- Interpret the applicability of research findings to health care management practice.
- Create practical solutions to complex health management problems.
- Apply management experience to the solution of complex health management challenges.
- Effectively communicate complex health care management theory and solutions to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Six written reflections (500 words each) (8.33% each)
- Written assignment - critical analysis (1550 words) (20%)
- Written assignment (2000 words) (30%)
12 hours per week including 2 Block Days of 6 contact hours each
See also Unit timetable information