6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
In an increasingly globalised world the ability to recognise and reflect on how various global issues affect businesses is of considerable importance. Similarly, cooperation and teamwork skills that involve people from different locations and backgrounds are of particular use to many organisations. This unit focuses on developing these abilities and skills, addressing various global issues and how they affect business, as well as aspects of global citizenship, cultural sensitivity and effective teamwork. The unit includes extensive supervised teamwork in which students complete tasks by working in teams across Monash campuses.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- recognise global issues and assess their impact on business
- critically reflect on how an individual's cultural context influences his/her perspective of an identified global business issue
- develop communication skills while working cooperatively and collaboratively with students in other global locations
- propose creative solutions to business issues integrating prior knowledge gained in the degree.
Within semester assessment: 70% + Examination: 30%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
Students must have completed the six compulsory core units (or equivalent), four 2nd level units and two 3rd level units.