6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
The aim of this unit is to provide chamber music students in the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music the opportunity to be mentored by experienced and world-class chamber-music performers. The unit will consist of master-classes and workshops by tenured and visiting musicians. Students can expect to learn advanced rehearsal strategies and techniques in context of chamber music and they will participate in high-profile commercial public performance opportunities.
- Work as individuals and groups in planning and implementing chamber music performances;
- Understand the group psychology of music performance in a chamber music setting;
- Have the skills to rehearse efficiently in a chamber-music setting;
- Gain the confidence and experience of performing in commercial environments.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
This unit is only available to students enrolled in a Bachelor of Music single or double degree.