Honours - Course
This course entry applies to students commencing this course in 2017
and should be read in conjunction with information provided in the
'Faculty information' section of this Handbook by the Business and Economics.
Unit codes that are not linked to their entry in the Handbook are not available for study in the current year.
Business and Economics
Dr Uma Devi Jogulu
School of Business and Economics, Telephone: +27 11 950 4020, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission and fees
This course has been especially designed to offer selected students the opportunity for advanced study in one of the specialist business areas offered by the departments of the Faculty of Business and Economics. Students will also learn how to conduct business-related research at an advanced level.
These course outcomes are aligned with the Australian Qualifications Framework level 8 and Monash Graduate AttributesAustralian Qualifications Framework level 8 and Monash Graduate Attributes (http://monash.edu/pubs/handbooks/alignmentofoutcomes.html).
Upon successful completion of this course it is expected that you will be able to demonstrate:
- be critical and creative scholars who:
- produce innovative solutions to problems
- apply research skills to business challenges
- communicate effectively and perceptively
- be responsible and effective global citizens who:
- engage in an internationalised world
- exhibit cross cultural competence
- demonstrate ethical values
- have a comprehensive understanding of their discipline and be able to provide discipline based solutions relevant to the business, professional and public policy communities that we serve
- have capacity to integrate and synthesise knowledge from across disciplines to create innovative applications in organisational settings
- have an ability to undertake research informed by advanced studies in their discipline.
This course consists of a combination of coursework and research. In the coursework component you will develop advanced theoretical and/or technical knowledge of your discipline and appropriate research methodologies. In the research component you will plan and execute a research project under the individual guidance of an academic supervisor.
This course involves a fourth year of study in one or both undergraduate majors and consists of a combination of coursework and research. In the coursework component you will develop advanced theoretical and/or technical knowledge of your discipline and appropriate research methodologies. In the research component you will plan and execute a research project under the individual guidance of an academic supervisor.
This course comprises 48 points: Part A: Research (24 points) and Part B: Coursework (24 points).
All units are 6 points unless otherwise indicated.
Part A. Research (24 points)
- BES4100 Research project and report (24 points)
Part B. Coursework (24 points)
Note: With the approval of the course director, one or both of the directed studies units may be replaced by approved level 4 units where these are available.
Progression to further studies
Satisfactory completion of this course may provide credit toward a Monash master's by coursework degree and will provide the preparation necessary to undertake a master's by research degree or a doctoral (PhD) degree.