In this specialisation you will examine corporate sustainability challenges and opportunities in social, economic and environmental domains. You will develop the core competency of corporate management for sustainable and accountable development from the perspectives of governance, ethics, marketing and management. This specialisation is designed to meet the growing need for skilled professionals that have competencies in both business and environmental/sustainability management and who understand the nexus between the two.
Unit codes that are not linked to their entry in the Handbook are not available for study in the current year.
Part B. Specialisation preparatory studies (24 points)
- Two units (12 points) from the following:
- Elective units (12 points) from the list of electives under part D below
Part C. Specialist studies (24 points)
- The following three units (18 points):
- One level 5 unit from Part C(a) in any specialisation in this coursein this course (http://www.monash.edu.au/pubs/2017handbooks/courses/S6002.html), or from the list of electives under part D below (6 points)
Part D. Electives
- BTF5000 Corporate governance
- MGF5020 Business ethics in a global environment
- MGF5030 Corporate social responsibility
- MGF5691 Sustainable operations and supply chain management
- MKF5280 Sustainable marketing
- any core unit from Part C in a different specialisation in this coursein this course (http://www.monash.edu.au/pubs/2017handbooks/courses/S6002.html). You must consult with the unit coordinator to ensure you have the cognate knowledge to undertake the unit
Related areas of study
Successful completion of this specialisation can be counted towards meeting the requirements for the following course:
- S6002 Master of Environment and Sustainability
Students in other courses are not eligible to complete this specialisation.